Welcome to the booking page for the Glen Brittle Memorial Hut. The hut sleeps 20 and is open all year to members of clubs affiliated with the BMC or Mountaineering Scotland/individual members of these organisations, as well as to members of clubs affiliated to other national/international mountaineering associations. The hut may also be used on occasion by other groups which meet our charitable objectives. Children are welcome but the hut is not laid out nor equipped with them in mind and must be under the close supervision of their parent/carer at all times.
Table of Current Hut Fees
|Adults (GB)||£ 20.00|
|Under 18s (GB)||£ 10.00|
Terms & Conditions of Booking
Use of the hut is dependent on strict adherence to the following booking conditions:-
- Use of the hut is strictly by pre-booking through the bookings secretary.
- The person making the booking must either be an individual member or member of a club affiliated to Mountaineering Scotland or the BMC or other national/international mountaineering association.
- Bookings cannot be made for a date in advance of 12 months. If made, bookings will be declined but details held until the date which is 12 months before the date of arrival. Your booking will then be confirmed unless several clubs have asked for the same date, in which case a draw will be made by an independent person. In practice this only applies to bookings in May and June.
- Maximum stay is 8 days. In May and June preference is given to clubs booking full weeks.
- Fees are currently £20 (18 years or over) £10 (under 18s) per night. These will rise from 1 January 2024 to £22/£11.
- Bookings made online are provisional only until confirmed by the bookings secretary. The full balance (non-refundable) is normally payable 12 weeks before date of arrival and if not paid, accommodation becomes available to others.
- The person making the booking as in 1. above is responsible for ensuring that all members of their group comply fully with these terms and conditions and also to any additional instructions/rules, including those on cleaning prior to departure, as given by the bookings secretary and/or displayed in the hut.
- The size and composition of the group must not exceed the number agreed with the bookings secretary.
- The person making the booking is responsible for ensuring all members of their party are familiar with the fire safety instructions as displayed in the hut.
- Strictly no smoking or fires/BBQs in the hut nor in the grounds. NB There is an LPG tank. When charging mobile phones, GPS devices, headtorches etc you must always use chargers/cables of the correct specification and there must always be someone present in the building. Devices should not be left charging overnight.
- The person or group/club who made the booking will be responsible for any damage to the building and its contents as a result of their use.
- Membership number, either individual or club, should be quoted on booking and in the register in the hut. The register in the hut should be signed on arrival with dates of stay and membership number. This is also important for allowing a roll call in the event of a fire.
- Children are welcome but the hut is not laid out nor equipped with them in mind and must be under the close supervision of their parent/carer at all times. Members wishing to bring anyone under the age of 18 need to comply with the guidelines on Child Protection at Mountaineering Scotland.
- No animals other than guide dogs are allowed in the hut or grounds. The area is a working farm with free-range sheep.
- Please respect the privacy of local residents, keeping noise to a minimum especially at night.
- No camping (including the use of campervans) in hut grounds.
- Park in car park if possible and please try to minimise the number of cars per group. Do not park in such a way as to block access in/up and down the road for emergency vehicles. Ensure gate is shut as cattle and sheep may get in.
- Electric car, e-bike etc charging: We currently have no facility for charging electric cars, e-bikes etc. For safety reasons and because of the potential for overheating/fire risk you must not attempt to charge an electric car, e-bike etc by running cables from the hut to the outside nor charge nor store e-bike etc batteries inside nor under the wooden porch area. We are investigating the installation of a proper charging point. Meantime please make alternative arrangements.
- You must notify the bookings secretary of any accidents or “near misses” at the earliest opportunity.
- To ensure a smooth changeover between groups please vacate the hut by 1200 and do not arrive until after 1500.
We do hope your visit is able to go ahead and that it is a good one! If you are unable to visit us this year, we look forward to seeing you at Glen Brittle Memorial Hut sometime in the future.